Employer & income information for everyone in your household
Your Marketplace application may ask you about the income, expenses, and deductions of everyone in your household, even those not applying for coverage.
The Marketplace accounts for income sources, including:
- Wages and salaries, as reported on your W-2 form and pay stubs
- Net income from any self-employment or business
- Unemployment compensation
- Social Security payments, including disability payments (but not Supplemental Security Income (SSI))
- Retirement or pension income, including most IRA or 401k withdrawals
- Investment income, like dividends or interest
- Rental income
- Other taxable income
For more information on income or what income sources to include, visit HealthCare.gov/income-and-household-information/income.